BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Article Review #2

His assignment was to read an article online and summarize it using full sentences. He's writing 3 a week and emailing them to Nichole.


January 27. 2010 Los Angelos TImes National News

Toyota Temporarily halts sales of eighth models

To my opinion is that I don't know if Mimi & Poppop would return their car to Poway. This is not exactly good for Poppop to drive it to church and MCRD. I could just tell them to take it back to the dealership for another car. They may not even want to try to keep this car. This would also apply to Mrs. Rose too. The Matrix was a good car that turn out weird. Maybe a good idea.

I didn't see this "review" until today. I'm pretty sure that neither my parents, Mimi and Poppop, nor Mrs. Rose, his high school teacher, were written about in the LA Times. Patrick's selection of articles is not a surprise. He has a small obsession with cars. We have encouraged this hoping that it was a topic other people might be interested in as well, as opposed to let's say Lilo and Stitch or even Extreme Animals. The rest of his review is basically about his experiences, which is par for the autistic course. My whole family drives toyotas. We have 3, my parents have three. Theirs is the newest of the bunch. He was with my parents once when they took their car to Toyota of Poway for a part, hence the reference. He goes with my parents most weekends to church and we often meet them at MCRD in their toyota, hence the reference. I believe Mrs. Rose owned a Matrix. How it turned out weird, I have no idea.

This is typical of Patrick's writing. Everything is in reference to himself. Even his birthday cards to other people are about what he did, or what he's thinking about. We're trying to work on this. I wonder what Nichole told him about this "article review".

0 comments: