BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Newspaper Article Summary 1

His second goal to work on with Nichole is his writing. She thought his verbal language might improve if he wrote more with complete sentences. He’s going to start doing this a few times a week. His schedule Sunday included getting onto a news website on the Internet and reading an article. Then writing a summary of the article and sending it to Nichole. He read about Haiti after the earthquake. Here is his summary:

San Diego Union-Tribune

World News Haiti

This article talks about a lot of people were all buried or maybe dead. In my perspective that this is bad news to hear about people have been dead. The others needed food, meds and water. At least that they may have to get more food from the U.S. Army and Brazil forces. Then there was somebody named Luine cannot afford to pay for food. In fact I can say that military does well assisting the natives. I hope they don’t need to kill them. It is bad idea. And the doctors from Haiti also can have assistance from the military


That's it verbatim. I didn't read the article. He explained that "It my perspective that this is bad news to hear about people who have been dead" means he thinks the deaths in Haiti is sad. I asked him a few questions about the rest of it. I think he meant that the military and the doctors are helping. I hope the military isn't killing the natives either. It certainly would be bad news, whatever that means.

0 comments: